So what are twitter networking hours and how do they work?
They are a great way to get connect with individuals and businesses, grow your follower base and increase your overall business exposure.
By using the # (hashtag symbol) infront of a word or phrase without spaces within twitter (it also works on facebook too) you make that word or phrase searchable. You can either click on it or enter it into the search box and it will bring up all the tweets recently done by people who have also used that specific #.
Networking hours have made use of this feature to enable people to connect with each other during certains times of an agreed day on a regular basis.
At the allocated time (see the list further down in this post), you perform a search for the appropriate #hashtag. You are then able to interact with the other people taking part by tweeting, retweeting replying etc – just make sure you always include the hashtag word /phrase in your tweet.
For example, this is a screen shot of tweets using the hashtag #networking:
You can refine the results to suit your own needs – e.g if you wanted to find networking results local to your area, just click to the left of ‘Near You’ and twitter will scale down the result according.
Here is a list of few networking hours to get you started. As we are based in Cheshire, a number (but not all!) of these relate to networking hours particularly relevant for people based in the North West of England.
You can click on any of the # links below to open up the search results for that networking hour phrase.
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @CheshireHourBiz and use #cheshirehour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @StockportHour and use #stockporthour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @ChesterTweetsUK and use #chesterhour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @WestMidsHour and use #westmidshour
For blogging help & advice
- 9-10.00pm: Follow @UKBlogAwards and use #bloghour
- 7-8.00pm: Follow @GaynorRamsden (Best of Bolton) and use #boltonhour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @NorthWestHour and use #northwesthour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @MidlandsHour and use #midlandshour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @StaffordshireHour and use #staffordshirehour
For UK Business Networking
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @Directortweets and use #DirectorsChairHour
For Crafts / Handmade Goods
- 7.30-9.30pm: Follow @handmadehour and use #handmadehour
For the Wedding Industry
- 9-10.00pm: Follow @weddinghour and use #weddinghour
For Running Enthusiasts
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @UKRunChat and use #ukrunchat
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @WarringtonHour and use #warringtonhour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @HaltonHour and use #haltonhour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @Manchester1Hour and use #manchesterhour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @Liverpool1Hour and use #liverpoolhour
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @LancashireHour and use #lancashirehour
- 9-10.00pm: Follow @NorthwichHour and use #northwichhour
For Techie related help & advice
- 8-9.00pm: Follow @PCPeopleUK and use #freetechhour
- 9-10.00pm: Follow @NorthWestHour and use #NorthWestHour
- 8-9.15AM: Follow @berkybear and use #SatChatUK
- 7-8.00pm: Follow @awardingwomen and use #WomanInBiz or #WomenInBiz
- 9-10.00pm: Follow @englandhour and use #EnglandHour